1. IntroductionWelcome to the CharterBooking LLC privacy notice. CharterBooking respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website or use our services and applications (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
- Important information and who we are
- The data we collect about you
- How your personal data is collected
- Disclosures of your personal data
- International transfers
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- Your legal rights
Important information and who we are10.A.Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how CharterBooking collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website or our services and applications, when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service. This website or our services and applications are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
CharterBooking is made up of different legal entities. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the CharterBooking Group so when we mention "COMPANY", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the CharterBooking Group responsible for processing your data. CharterBooking LLC is the controller and responsible for this website or CharterBooking services and applications. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact CharterBooking using the details set out below.
CharterBooking Contact DetailsEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: PO BOX 29316, UAE
10.C. Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. 10.D. Third-party links This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about youPersonal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- 1.A. Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- 1.B. Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- 1.C. Financial Data includes bank account and payment card detail.
- 1.D. Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- 1.E. Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- 1.F. Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- 1.G. Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- 1.H. Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
1. How your personal data is collectedWe use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- 1.A.A. Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- 1.A.B. Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies
- 1.A.C. Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below:
- 1.A.D. Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
- 1.A.E. Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- 1.A.F. Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- 1.A.G. Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||Performance of a contract or service with you|
| To process and deliver your order including: |
| To manage our relationship with you which will include: |
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you|
2. How we use your personal dataWe will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to perform services requested by you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
1.A. Purposes for which we will use your personal dataWe have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
B. Marketing and promotional offers from usWe strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
C. Third-party marketingWe will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the CharterBooking group of companies for marketing purposes.
D. Opting outYou can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by us. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
F. Change of purposeWe will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
3. Disclosures of your personal dataWe may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph A above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the [Glossary].
- External Third Parties as set out in the [Glossary].
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
4. International transfersWe share your personal data within the CharterBooking Group. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Due to the nature of Aviasuite business, many of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we will strive to ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it.
5. Data securityWe have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. Data retention
1.A. How long will you use my personal data for?We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see [Request erasure] below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. Your legal rightsUnder certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Some of those rights include the following:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
8. No fee usually requiredYou will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
9. What we may need from youWe may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
10. Time limit to respondWe try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
1.A. Lawful basisLegitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
1.B. Third parties
- Internal third parties
- Other companies in the Aviasuite Group
- External third parties
- Service providers.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
C. Your legal rightsYou have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.